Monday, December 12, 2016

Monday

Good morning friends! How are things with you?  I know you're all busy, I've seen evidence of all the Christmas spirit on Instagram and Facebook.  I enjoy everyone's photos so much. 

apron
 
Late last week I got started on a little fun project.  I had this cute strawberry fabric that I couldn't resist (it's from Joanns) after I saw it on someone's Instagram post.   I didn't know what to make with it till I remembered two sweet little girls  that belong to a friend of mine.  I whipped these up using my tried and true little kids apron blank that I picked up at Joanns a couple of years ago.  I  used the shape to cut them out and then made miles of bias binding to finish off the edges.  I added a cute ruffle  on the top of these and monograms so these sweet sisters can tell their aprons apart.  It's not a hard project but top stitching the  bias around the neck and the ties is fiddly and it takes a ton of pins to get them ready to go.  I hope the girls like them.  

apron
 
I haven't had much sewing mojo lately, I know I'm not the only one this happens too.  But yesterday I remembered I do have a sewing obligation for next month so it's the perfect time to begin.  It's a nice spring time project so  I can't wait to work on it and share it with you.
 
Hope you have a great week! Thanks for checking in here with me.  Your friendship means the world to me! xo

4 Comments:

Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

These are absolutely adorable!! You are a real whiz! I too have had a hard time in my sewing room lately - too many quilts ready to 'quilt'. That always has me dragging my feet - but I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Now which quilt top should I start on next :)!

10:51 AM  
Blogger Terry Conner said...

Nice aprons. I just finished an apron for my son in law. Tomorrow I will make one for my grandson to match. Picked up fabric at Joanns in a Star Trek theme. Fun to make.

7:07 PM  
Blogger Robbienae said...

The little girls will love these aprons! Such a cute project.

1:00 PM  
Blogger Helen Philipps said...

Such sweet little aprons...they are sure to be loved! Have a great week Pam.
Helen xox

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older