Thursday, February 02, 2017

Thursday

Good morning!  I'm warning you, I'm full of surprises. My APQ quilt along quilt top is done.  That's right.   And here's photo proof.  Today I'm marking the first lines and starting the quilting.  Diagonal grid for the win!  I'll just mark the "X" thru the center and let my walking foot guide do the rest for me.  And at just 30 inches square it will go fast. I think it turned out pretty cheerful and I look forward to using it.

#apqquiltalong
 
Yesterday my trees and my neighbors were filled with birds.  My neighbor has an enormous oak tree and it had Robin's and Cedar Waxwings all over it.  And the squawking, I could hear it inside my house, which is how I know so many birds were there.  My photos didn't do it justice, but I did catch this little gold finch in my yard.  Sweet. I know, not a great photo but I enjoy that little burst of yellow right in the center.
 
goldfinch

A few weeks ago I had tons of Mountain Bluebirds on my tree out front.  I honestly felt like it was a bit of a miracle.  I have seen them in great abundance at Alden Lane Nursery but never anywhere else. 

b4
 
As long as the berries were on the tree they kept coming back, hanging out there or in our big fruitless mulberry.  And a lot of them.  Hard to catch a great photo of them either.  It was actually so gray and there was so much glare I wasn't even sure the first day that they were bluebirds.  I had to grab a photo to really see the color. 

b2
 
It feels somewhat miraculous to suddenly have so many wonderful birds showing up. I've seen the Cedar Waxwings more than I have in years, usually they are around one day in their migration.  They must be finding great food choices around here if they're lingering.
 
Well enough bird talk.  I better get busy !  Have a great day! xo 

5 Comments:

Blogger mascanlon said...

Such a happy cheerful quilt Pam! And how nice to have yard full of birds chirping. Let's all hope for a peaceful Spring with good friends and family.

7:12 AM  
Blogger Missy Shay said...

I have a ton of bluebirds in my yard too, there are so many at the bird feeder that they take turns, while some hang out in the trees. Great pics!

10:13 AM  
Blogger Cindy's Stitching said...

the colors in the quilt are so uplifting. I have a couple of bird feeders, I watch the birds a lot, they are fun to watch.

11:36 AM  
Blogger Helen Philipps said...

Your new quilt is looking beautiful! Those fabrics work so well together :) How lovely that you have so many birds visiting you...I would love that too...and they are such pretty ones!
Helen xox

12:43 PM  
Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

Beautiful job on your quilt! Have fun with the quilting - it will look great! That is what I miss the most in the winter months - all the chirping birds!

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older